The allegation that James Harry Sutcliffe the new Deputy Chairman and Strategy director of Quindell is not seen by the insurance industry to be a heavyweight player and a respected business man is ludicrous.
The following is a list of some of Jim Sutcliffes current and past appointments:
1. Member of Social, Ethics & Transformation Committee, Lonmin plc
2. CVC Capital Partners Limited Advisor
3. Chairman at Sun Life Financial Inc. and Sun Life Assurance
4. Director at Sun Life Financial Inc.
5. Director at Liberty Group Ltd.
6. Non-Executive Director of Liberty Holdings Ltd.
7. Member of Global Financial Institutions Advisory Board at CVC Capital Partners Ltd.
8. Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of Lonmin plc
9. Non-Executive Director of Nedcor Limited.
10.Director of The Nelson Mandela Legacy Trust (UK)
11. Director of Fidelity and Guarantee Life Insurance Company
12. Director of OM Kotak Mahindra Insurance Company Limited.
13. Director of Skandia Insurance Company Ltd
14. Non Executive Director of Sun Life Assurance Co. of Canada (U.S.).
15. Trustee of Buffelshoek Trust.
16. Executive Director of Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa) Limited
17. Chief Executive officer of Life Businesses at Old Mutual PLC
18. Chief Executive Officer of Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa) Limited
19. Chief Executive Officer of Old Mutual PLC
20. Chief Executive Officer of Prudential UK Services Limited.
21. Chief Executive of Prudential UK
22. Managing Director of Prudential Home Services Division
23. Chief Operating Officer of Jackson National Life in Michigan, USA
24. Chief Operating Officer of Jackson National, Prudential’s US subsidiary.
25. Chairman of FxPro Financial Services Ltd.
26. Chairman of the Board of Skandia Insurance Company Ltd.
This is not a complete list, Jim has held many other senior positions in the insurance industry.
If Jim is not considered to be a heavyweight player in the industry you would have to ask:
a) how much more experience required to achieve the heavyweight accolade?
b) who has a better track record and would be considered a heavyweight?
Quindell would find it virtually impossible to find a person with better credentials to be their Deputy Chairman and Strategy Director.