Telematics is going to change how we live our day-to-day lives and the implications and possibilities are as yet not fully understood.
As businesses become more aware of telematics they develop value enhancing opportunities for this new technology.
1. Audi and DHL are investigating a business opportunity involving having packages delivered to cars. (see here).
2. Geofencing, can be used to ensure drivers stay within particular geographic boundaries. The vehicle displays an alert on the car’s dashboard screen and the designated contact receives an alert.
3. Automatic alerts to drivers when they enter a congestion zone.
4. Supermarket shopping delivered directly to your car.
5. Crash your car and a rental car delivered to the crash scene.
The possibilities for value enhancing services is huge. If you look at the different segments for telematics it is easy to see the potential.
Telematics businesses will currently be predominately selling their services and software to businesses operating to the left of the above opportunity chain. Once the full implications of telematics are understood, by the wider market the customer base for telematics businesses will also increase.
Quindell are at the forefront of the emerging telematics market and are well placed to benefit from this new technology (see here).
In the future it is highly likely we will have consolidation within the telematics market and businesses such as Quindell will benefit from this consolidation.