Metal Tiger Asset Trading division has done very well this year, with assets now having a value of c£10m. Comprising of Thor Mining £1.5m, MOD £3m, Lion £1m, Kingsgate £3.5m and Lion and Thor warrants of c£1m.
Assume cash in bank of c£6m and this equates to 1.5p per share.
The 30% Botswana JV with MOD Resources, also has a value of £24m equating to 2.2p per share.
Botswana and the Asset Trading division has a combined value per share of 3.7p, 72% above the current share price of 2.15p.
These figures on their own highlight the share price has considerable upside potential.
1. Thailand assets, detailed in brokers note (see here). Metal Tiger shareholders will get a free ride when KEMCO IPO happens in February and KEMCO shares are “gifted” to MTR shareholders.
2. Kingsgate Board spill, see here. This booklet highlights why MTR believe they are best placed to create value for Kingsgate shareholders. Then consider the potential financial implications.
- Current Kingsgate share price is 42 cents – share price could easily reach $5 if Chatree mine reopens. $5 being less than half previous Kingsgate share price highs.
- Kingsgate used to regularly pay between 15c and 35c in dividends per year.
3. Botswana resource increasing all the time. This announcement indicates what has been happening and gives an indication of how quickly the value of the asset is increasing (see here).
The Thailand, Kingsgate plays and Botswana upside are at the current Metal Tiger share price, free rides for investors.
With the free rides and the 72% discount, the Metal Tiger share price looks poised for a rerate.